Thursday, September 11, 2008

"I WANT to Read!!"

We've been doing the book "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" with Simon. He's not a huge fan of reading, but he's more or less enjoyed the book, does pretty well and is halfway through. Clover has always been somewhat interested in it when we're doing the lessons, and last night she really wanted to do it too. So I figured, what's the harm, and did the first lesson with her (which she finished without trouble!). Tonight during Simon's lesson she was clamoring to do her next one (hence the post title), and getting upset that she had to wait until he was done. It was at the limit of her concentration threshold, but she finished lesson 2. I guess we'll see how it goes. I don't really think I want a 2 year old that can read...

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

That's the book we'll be using! I've put off any structured time until after the move, though. Between baby and packing there just wasn't any energy (in mama) for that sort of thing.

I can understand your ambivalence about Clover reading, though I think it's cute she wants in on the action.