Tuesday, September 9, 2008

By the Way...

Our second squash plant (only 2 really grew) is now producing summer squash! We ate the first one tonight. I'm not complaining, but isn't it a bit late for a summer squash plant to be just starting to produce? Summer's almost over! Oh well, better late than never I suppose. 

The first plant continues to produce monstrous green ridged squash that we are at a bit of a loss to make use of. It seems the one we had in July was actually average sized for that variety (the flowers don't drop off until they're at least a foot long!) Does anyone know what those things are? 

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

I don't. Kansas Dad might. I do know some good summer squash recipes, though. For a while there we were picking pounds of it nearly every day. (I'm pretty sure we ended up leaving some of it on the vine once the freezer filled up and we were caught up in the double whammy of a newborn and buying a house.)