Our back deck railing, while still functional, was looking pretty pathetic with peeling paint. As we weren't too attached to it, we started looking into ways to make a change. What we settled on was a bench to take the place of the railing, which has proven to be both more functional and much better looking too. I couldn't find a good picture of the railing, but you can see it in the background here:


Very much of the credit for the bench goes to our friend D, who did almost all the planning, measuring, cutting, and constructing with some assistance from Joel.


The finished product!
3 comments:
Woww That looks great!! I can't believe you made it just between two people. Rach and I have taken 2 whole days to set the bar for our new curtains...hehehe
Joel is being modest. He made for a great partner. And it's hardly work when two fools are having so much fun.
Yes, D is somewhat right -- after all, I did drill some holes and screw in some nails -- most of them in the right place.
It was good fun, especially the sweating profusely in the 90+ degree humid weather!
Post a Comment