Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quite a week

This last week (starting last Sunday) began with us deciding to skip church because Simon had a really nasty cold and the rest of us were all exhausted. Fast forward a few days and Clover caught the cold. Just as both of them were starting to recover, Thursday night (actually Friday morning), Simon and I (Hilary) woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach virus. Thank goodness Joel was able to work from home on Friday and assist with the kids because I was pretty useless.

Friday night I started having more regular contractions and while I wasn't completely convinced it was real labor, we thought we had better go in. Two hours of monitoring later (at 1:00 am), the midwife sent me home. Apparently vomiting and the resulting dehydration can cause more contractions/false labor. So no baby yet.

Early Saturday morning Clover woke up with the stomach virus, and we all spent yesterday taking it easy at home. The kids have had more tv time in the last two days than they normally get in two weeks, but sometimes you have to make some exceptions.

However, we all went to bed early last night, woke up healthy, and went to church today. I'm hoping we now all have some immunity to whatever stuff is still going around and will all be nice and healthy and rested for the birth. This week is looking good to me for that, so if you're listening baby, take advantage of the good timing!

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

I was just thinking about you today. I hope the little one arrives soon (and without much fuss)!