Monday, November 17, 2008

What You REALLY Want To Hear

I was trying to put together Christmas lists for the kids, and after writing down the few ideas I had thought of throughout the year, I asked them what they wanted. Simon's response was priceless, and very wise beyond his years. He said, "Nothing. I don't want anything--I have everything I need." In our materialistic culture, I am so glad that he is able to find contentment with what he already has. A lesson for all of us.

Clover's response? "I want a PINK birthday present!" I guess we will forego the red and green Christmas paper and pull out some nice pink paper with birthday cakes on it to wrap her presents...

2 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Wonderful!

First Son occasionally asks for things he sees in Veggie catalogs. I think it helps a lot to avoid these (all catalogs) as much as possible. We also avoid television commercials. I was horrified to see all the commercials on Nick Jr while we were at the dentist's office yesterday!

Have you seen this?
http://www.strongmuseum.org/NTHoF/inductees.html

rachel y alb said...

That is very nice and kind of Simon, so this year he will have nothing from us...je,je,je.
Lovely fish heads!!