Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More meat!

Clover, almost since she started eating solid food, has loved meat. When she was about 18 months, it was a common occurrence for us to hear, "More meat!" at the dinner table. But this morning topped them all. I was making eggs and sausage for breakfast, and asking how many sausages everyone wanted. Joel said, "I want two." Simon said, "I want two...no, I'll start with one and see how it goes." Clover said, "I want FIVE!" Needless to say, we did not cook her five sausages, though I wouldn't put it past her to eat them if we had...

Incidentally, five is Clover's number for "a lot." For example, we saw a pidgeon in the park the other day, and she said, "Look mommy, a birdie! (sees another) Two birdies! (sees a large bunch of pidgeons) five birdies!"

So maybe she just wanted a whole lot of sausage!



And here's a totally unrelated photo from last fall, on our Bermuda trip, just for fun.

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

First Son would definitely eat five sausages if we let him. First Daughter might as well. I think she eats her weight in food every couple of days. It's hard to believe she's so skinny. Then I see her running around and remember where all those calories are going.